Kareena Kapoor is one of the biggest Bollywood stars now, but she has lost out on some of the prestigious and iconic blockbusters of Bollywood. Here is the list.
- Kaho Na Pyaar Hai – Kareena backed out of the film, which would have been her debut movie, because she felt that Hrithik Roshan was getting more footage in the film. Ironically, her debut release Refugee and Kaho Na Pyaar Hai released in the same year (2000), and while the former was a flop, the latter became a cult hit and made Hrithik Roshan win a record number of 100 plus awards for the film. Amisha Patel who played the female lead, also profited a lot from the film.
- Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam – Kareena was the first choice for Nandini’s role in Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam. Of course, Aishwarya created a huge impact with the film.
- Kal Ho Na Ho – Kareena Kapoor was offered the role of the chirpy ‘Naina’ for Kal Ho Na Ho. But she walked out of the film and the role went to Preity. Later she said to Karan Johar in his show ‘Koffee with Karan’ that she regretted not doing the film.
- Page 3 – Kareena Kapoor was supposed to do Madhur Bhandarkar’s fabulous movie ‘ Page 3’. She was interested in doing the role which was played by Konkona Sen Sharma but backed out eventually, because of date clashes.
- Fashion – Kareena Kapoor was supposed to do Fashion, but was too busy to give dates. The movie fell on Priyanka Chopra’s lap. Not only did this Madhur Bhandarkar movie create history, it was one of the biggest blockbuster of Priyanka’s career, winining her a National Award in the process.
- Goliyon Ki Raasleela: Ram-Leela – For some reason, Kareena Kapoor backed out Goliyon Ki Raasleela: Ram-Leela and Deepika Padukone added another feather to her cap. Of course, the fact that she (Deepika) was acting opposite her on-screen boyfriend Ranveer Singh, added to the scorching chemistry.
- Queen – Kangana Ranaut is synonymous with ‘Queen’, the path-breaking Bollywood blockbuster of 2014. But the first choice for the makers was Kareena Kapoor, who fortunately or unfortunately backed out of the project.