Hrithik Roshan is one of the biggest stars of Bollywood But some of his rejects turned out to be cult movies that he may regret not doing, on hindsight. Here is the list –
- Dil Chahta Hai – Hrithik was supposed to do Saif Ali Khan’s role Sameer in the seminal movie which released in 2001. For some reason, Hrithik backed out and the movie is now a cult film that refuses to grow old.
- Bunty aur Babli – Hrithik Roshan rejected Bunty aur Babli (2005) and the movie went to Abhishek Bachchan, becoming one of the biggest hits of his career.
- Swades – Hrithik Roshan backed out of Swades because he did not find the script interesting. Even Aamir refused the role. Shah Rukh Khan went on to the film, and went on to create history.
- Main Hoon Na – Hrithik Roshan felt that playing little brother to Shah Rukh Khan left him with nothing much to chew on, so he backed out of Main Hoon Na. The role went on to Zayed Khan. In a way, Hrithik was partly right because though the movie was a blockbuster, the movie was a SRK movie all the way.
- Rang De Basanti – Hrithik was quite interested in Rang De Basanti and was also happy to play the part which went to Kunal Kapoor. But in the same year (2006), he was doing Krrish and had to back out, because father Rakesh Roshan wanted his son to give full attention to his production. Though Rang De Basanti is a cult blockbuster, can you imagine what it would be if Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik were in the same film, as Aamir?